How do I add my PayPal Merchant Account to my shopping cart?
If you are using the SOLO Server Shared URL service, you must contact us when you are ready to configure PayPal or any other merchant account associated with your Author ID.
If you are using SOLO Server Dedicated URL or SOLO Server Self-Hosted, refer to this manual topic or follow these steps:
- From the SOLO Author Home page, go to Admin / Merchant Accounts.
- Next to the "View Merchant Accounts" label, click the Add New button.
- Set the Type field equal to PayPal Payments Standard.
- Enter your registered PayPal email address in the Email field.
- Click the Populate Default URLs button to set the URL fields to the default values for your current server URL.
- Set the Display Name and Statement Name fields to: [Your Company Name Goes Here] PayPal.
- Populate Address1, Address2, Address3, Phone, FAX, Order Support Email, and Order Support URL fields accordingly.
- Click the Save button and you will be returned to the Merchant Accounts list.
- If this is the first merchant account to be associated with your Instant SOLO Author ID, return to the SOLO Author Home page. Under Admin / Account Options, click Edit next to the View Account Options label. "Check" the Credit Cards Enabled box and choose your merchant account from the drop-down menu next to the Merchant ID label. Click the Save button.
- If PayPal is your secondary merchant account, click [Edit] next to that merchant account and you should be able to view the new PayPal merchant account as one of the options in the drop-down menu next to the PayPal Account label.
- Test your Shopping Cart process to ensure that the PayPal logo is now displayed as one of your available methods of payment.
- Click on this payment option and continue through the Shopping Cart process to ensure that you are appropriately redirected to the PayPal login page.