Getting started with Protection PLUS 5 SDK
Understanding the SoftwareKey System
If you are new to software licensing or unfamiliar with our solution, start here.
Learn about the general concepts of licensing and the features of Protection PLUS 5 SDK and SOLO Server, and test how the system works with our Sample Applications.
- SoftwareKey System Overview - The SoftwareKey System is a complete, turnkey solution for software licensing, online license management, automated online software activation, and optionally selling software online.
- Licensing Overview and Defining License Requirements - Software can be licensed in many ways, and you need to decide what is best suited for your applications and your customer.
- Sample Applications - There is an assortment of samples available to help demonstrate how licensed applications typically work, how the different licensing features work, and how the APIs may be integrated into your application. In the manual sub-topics, there are tutorials for many of these samples that step you through various common steps, such as activating online, refreshing a license, and activating manually.
Implementing Protection PLUS 5 SDK
If you are a developer ready to implement licensing functionality into your application, refer to this section for technical resources and references.
The fastest way to implement Protection PLUS 5 SDK into your software is to refer to one of our Sample Applications. Using the sample code is a good starting point, and a more advanced and customized implementation can be built from there. The samples are pre-configured to communicate with our SOLO Server Test Author account.
Most implementation questions are addressed in our manuals. Below are some highlighted topics as well as other helpful online resources:
Protection PLUS 5 SDK manual
- Protection PLUS Return/Error Codes
SOLO Server Automation manual
- Using your own SOLO Server account
- Product Configuration
- Creating Licenses
- Deactivating Licenses
- SOLO Server Return/Error Codes
I need help and support
Team SoftwareKey is here to help in any capacity that you need. Go to Engaging with SoftwareKey Professional Services for more information.
Is there a more basic option?
Protection PLUS 5 SDK is a powerful licensing client, and this power is best utilized by experienced developers. We also have our wizard-based licensing clients which are easier to use, but only support Windows desktop applications and the most commonly requested licensing features. If you want a more simplified licensing implementation, find out more about our wizard-based licensing clients.