Choosing a License Server
SOLO Server Automation offers many powerful features for automated license activation and management, which is used in combination with one of our licensing clients.
We have thousands of customers, ranging from sole-proprietors to Fortune 500 companies, and we realize that each has their own set of licensing, security, and hosting requirements. The packages we offer include two Software as a Service (SaaS) options as well as a self-hosted option:
- SOLO Server Shared / Custom URL - Managed service using our IT infrastructure and domain. Our monthly subscription options include the hosted account, access to our licensing clients, and all the licensing features and functionality most of our customers need.
- SOLO Server Dedicated URL - Managed service using your domain name on our IT infrastructure with all the functionality of Shared URL as well as advanced customizability & integration options, and also portability to your IT infrastructure in the future (if desired).
- SOLO Server Self-Hosted - Royalty-free use of the application on your own IT infrastructure for complete autonomy, as well as advanced customizability & integration options.
To learn more about these packages, including starting costs, go to our SOLO Server Automation Packages page.
If you are debating between SOLO Server Shared URL and Dedicated URL, and will need any of the advanced features and customizability, then it is strongly recommended that you choose the SOLO Server Dedicated URL option since there is not an easy way to migrate from SOLO Server Shared URL to SOLO Server Dedicated URL.
Our Hosting Platform
Customers choose our hosted options (SOLO Server Shared URL and Dedicated URL) based on their proven reliability for over 20 years and the significant investment we have made in our hosting platform. Some of our hosting platform highlights include:
- Large commercial data center with physical security, redundant cooling, redundant power grid connections (tier 4 class)
- UPS and generator backups are tested regularly, as well as multiple major backbone connections to the Internet.
- Only duly authorized personnel are allowed inside of the data center facility, and only designated employees are allowed to connect to our servers through a Virtual Private Network.
- Redundant firewalls, a commercial load-balancer, and multiple front-end web servers that operate in a load-balanced, failover configuration.
- Employ multiple database servers. All servers are backed-up several times per day and sent to a geographically distant data center in the unlikely event of a disaster.
- Use of multiple third-party commercial services to monitor our hosting facility and application availability from 21 locations around the world.
Portability and Pricing
- SOLO Server Dedicated URL and Self-Hosted options offer portability to migrate the instance of the central license server from one IT infrastructure to another. Whether your company wants to start quickly and prefers the hands-off nature of managed SaaS applications without being locked into them or perhaps you want to start out self-hosting and decide later to reduce overall IT staff load and keep the company’s focus on their main core business, this hybrid solution is great for companies who prefer to have flexibility.
- Note that while SOLO Server Shared/Custom URL is the lowest-cost and quickest solution, it does NOT offer the application portability in the same way that SOLO Server Dedicated URL does.
- Starting pricing for each option is included at the bottom of the table on the compare packages page. There are many benefits offered by the SOLO Server Dedicated URL option, and the higher cost covers the significant amount of resources required to set up and maintain this service on our robust hosting platform.
We are happy to help you explore the best options to meet your business objectives.